FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Lt. T. Albergo, 760.839.4901
On October 7, 2011 the Escondido Police Department conducted a DUI Sobriety / Drivers License Checkpoint in the area of Valley Parkway and Juniper Street. Following are the results of this event:
- 1547 vehicles drove through the checkpoint.
- 1009 vehicles were screened in primary.
- 43 vehicles were sent to secondary screening (drivers who could not produce a drivers license or who were suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs)
- 3 drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. One of those also had an immigration hold.
- 4 field sobriety tests were administered during the checkpoint.
- 1 person was arrested for being drunk in public.
- 23 vehicles were impounded, 4 drivers had a suspended driver’s license and 17 drivers did not have a driver’s license.
- 7 drivers had no insurance.
- Ø 25 total citations were issued during this event.
- Educational material was distributed regarding costs associated with a DUI.
- 2 child restraint seats were properly reinstalled for parents, free of charge.
Funding for this operation is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Drunk Driving: Over the Limit, Under Arrest – Report Drunk Drivers – Call 911