FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CONTACT: Lt. T. Albergo, 760.839.4901
On August 26, 2011 the Escondido Police Department conducted a DUI Sobriety / Drivers License Checkpoint in the area of Centre City Parkway and Decatur. Following are the results of this event:
- 1,304 vehicles drove through the checkpoint.
- 831 vehicles were screened in primary.
- 40 vehicles were sent to secondary screening (drivers who could not produce a drivers license or who were suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs)
- 6 field sobriety tests were administered during the checkpoint.
- 3 drivers were arrested for DUI. One other driver was determined to be unlicensed. Computer checks revealed that he was previously deported for DUI. He was turned over to ICE.
- 13 vehicles were impounded, 3 drivers had a suspended driver’s license and 9 drivers did not have a driver’s license.
- 2 drivers had no insurance.
- 14 total citations were issued during this event.
- Educational material was distributed regarding traffic safety and sobriety enforcement.
Funding for this operation is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Drunk Driving: Over the Limit, Under Arrest – Report Drunk Drivers – Call 911