FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Lt. Michael J. Loarie: 760.839.4722
On July 13, 2011, the Escondido Police Department conducted a Traffic Safety Checkpoint in the City of Escondido: 1500 Block of South Juniper Street.
The combined total results for the Traffic Safety Checkpoint:
- 260 vehicles passed through the checkpoint
- 171 vehicles were contacted
- 43 vehicles were sent to Secondary Screening
- 1 vehicle was impounded because the driver did not have a valid license
- 7 citations issued for violations to include: no valid license, no license in possession, no proof of insurance, and using a cell phone while driving
The Traffic Safety Checkpoint demonstrated the Escondido Police Department’s commitment to traffic safety- licensed drivers, using seatbelts and child restraint seats, while driving mechanically safe vehicles that also happen to be properly registered and insured.
To report any suspicious activities in your neighborhood, you may contact the Police Department directly, or you may make an unidentified call on our Anonymous Tip Line at 760-743-TIPS (8477) or via our Web site at police.escondido.org. For breaking news releases, please follow the Escondido Police Department on Twitter at Escondido_PD.