FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: LIEUTENANT CRAIG CARTER 760-839-4702
On June 19, 2012, the Escondido Police Department conducted a Traffic Safety Checkpoint in the area of San Pasqual Valley Rd and Oak Hill Dr. The results of this event were as follows:
- 716 vehicles passed through the checkpoint location
- 219 vehicles were contacted by screening officers
- 23 drivers/vehicles were directed to secondary
- 2 vehicles were impounded
- 1 driver arrested for DUI
- 14 citations were issued
- 4 violations for unlicensed/suspended driver
- 6 violations for no proof of insurance
- 2 violations for registration violations
- 1 violation for driver in possession of Marijuana
- 1 violation of sign
The Traffic Safety Checkpoint demonstrated the Escondido Police Department’s commitment to traffic safety- licensed drivers, using seatbelts and child restraint seats, while driving mechanically safe vehicles that also happen to be properly registered and insured.
To report any suspicious activities in your neighborhood, you may contact the Police Department directly, or you may make an unidentified call on our Anonymous Tip Line at 760-743-TIPS (8477) or via our Web site at police.escondido.org. For breaking news releases, please follow the Escondido Police Department on Twitter at Escondido_PD.