Police Officer Trainees (Entry Level)
- Salary range: $4,125 - $4,331 (While in Academy and Field Training)
Police Officer Academy Graduates
- Salary range: $4,547 - $5,804; Following 10 years of service as a police officer with the City of Escondido, incumbents are eligible for Step 7, $6,094 per month.
Police Officer (Lateral Officers)
- Salary range: $4,547 - $5,804; Following 10 years of service as a police officer with the City of Escondido, incumbents are eligible for Step 7, $6,094 per month. Lateral Officers may be compensated based on total years of service.
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Work Schedule: 4/10
- Personalized Take Home Patrol Car Plan
- 2.7% at 57 for new CalPERS members or 2.0% @ 50 for Classic CalPERS members
- Uniform Allowance: $700 per year
- P.O.S.T. Certificate Incentive: 4.0% per month for Intermediate and 5.25% per month for Advanced
- Educational Incentive: AA Degree 1% per month; B.S., B.A. 2% per month
- Bilingual Skill Pay: Verbal $200 per month plus Written $75 per month
- A comprehensive health, life, and dental insurance package
- Tuition Reimbursement: Suspended
- Holidays: 10 days per year
- Vacation: 8½ hours per month or 102 hours per year
- Sick Leave: 8 hours per month; Vacation Conversion Plan Available
- Contribution to 401K: Employee contributions to 401K plans are optional
- Shift Differential Pay: Swing/Mid Shift 2% of base pay; Graveyard Shift 4% of base pay
For up-to-date benefit information, please see the Benefit Summary Sheet.