Welcome to the Escondido Police Department Online Reporting System. Using this system you will be able to report the incident without waiting and print a copy of the report for free. If you are the victim of identity theft or fraud, please keep all papers, receipts, cancelled checks, mail from companies, etc. related to this crime. We may contact you to evaluate or collect these items as evidence.
The following agencies should be contacted if you are the victim of identity theft or fraud. The agency representative may request the report number that you receive at the end of this online police report process.
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often fraudulent emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site please go to the actual home web site of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call or are certain of the identity of the person who is requesting your information.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you discard them.
Return to Online Reporting System