FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Lt. Wrisley, 760-839-4722
On May 25, 2011, the Escondido Police Department conducted a Traffic Safety Checkpoint in the City of Escondido: 1500 Block of South Juniper Street.
The combined total result for the Traffic Safety Checkpoint:
- 333 vehicles drove through the checkpoints
- 159 vehicles were screened in Primary
- 37 vehicles were sent to Secondary Screening
- 6 vehicles were impounded because the drivers did not have a license
- 15 drivers were cited for no insurance
- 23 citations issued (to include no license, no insurance, and mechanical violations)
The Traffic Safety Checkpoint demonstrated the Escondido Police Department’s commitment to traffic safety- licensed drivers, using seatbelts and child restraint seats, while driving mechanically safe vehicles that also happen to be properly registered and insured.