FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Lt. Tom Albergo, 760-839-4901
On June 17, 2011, the Escondido Police Department conducted a Sobriety Saturation Patrol. The event resulted in 46 traffic stops, 32 citations (5 for unlicensed drivers and 2 for suspended driver’s license), 1 DUI arrest and 7 impounded vehicles.
On June 18, 2011 the Escondido Police Department conducted a DUI Sobriety / Drivers License Checkpoint in the area of Valley Parkway and Avenida Del Diablo. This event was funded through the California Office of Traffic Safety, U.C. Berkeley’s School of Education and SafeTREC. The following are results of the event:
- 1,295 vehicles drove through the checkpoint.
- 628 vehicles were screened in primary.
- 43 vehicles were sent to secondary screening (drivers who could not produce a drivers license or who were suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs)
- 6 field sobriety tests were administered.
- 2 drivers were arrested for DUI. One had a prior conviction for DUI and is on probation.
- 1 driver was cited and released for being in possession open alcoholic beverage containers.
- 16 vehicles were impounded, 2 drivers had a suspended driver’s license and 17 drivers did not have a drivers license. 1 drivers had no insurance.
- 22 citations were issued during this event.
- 5 child restraint seats were correctly reinstalled free of charge.
Funding for this operation is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Drunk Driving: Over the Limit, Under Arrest – Report Drunk Drivers – Call 911