Welcome to the Escondido Police Department Online Reporting System. If this is an emergency please call 911. Using this online police reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency
- This incident occurred within the Escondido City limits
- There are no known suspects
- This did not occur on a State Freeway (Interstate 15 or State Route 78)
Only the following types of crimes can be reported online:
- Harassing and/or Threatening Phone Calls: Unwanted phone calls of an annoying, harassing or threatening nature.
- Identity Theft: A person's confidential, personal information is stolen for the purpose of criminal use
- Theft: Property is taken without permission.
- Theft from Vehicle: Property is stolen from a motor vehicle.
- Vandalism (EXCLUDING GRAFFITI): The act of defacing, damaging, or destroying public or private property. For graffiti related incidents please submit a Graffiti Removal Request.
If your incident meets the above requirements, you may proceed to file your report. If your incident does not meet online reporting requirements, please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section or call 760-839-4722.
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Please select the incident type to be reported: